Please click on the links below to learn more:
One of the Health Unit’s roles is to provide the public with assurance that water is safe and meets the Ontario and Canadian Water Quality Standards.
Each year, Public Health Inspectors reduce the potential for waterborne illness locally by:
Analyzing private water well samples
Analyzing municipal water samples
Analyzing bathing beach samples
Posting contaminated beaches immediately "Unsafe for Bathing"
Provide consultations and interpretation of water testing results
The Health Unit provides the following services:
- Private supplies (e.g. water bottles for testing)
- Interpretation of laboratory analysis
- Reports and advice on corrective measures
- Information on treatment methods
In addition, staff routinely monitor water supplies in:
- Food premises and non-municipal supplies
- Public beaches, swimming pools, spas/whirlpools
- Municipal/recreational water supplies
- Recreational/Tourist Lodges
- Water haulage vehicles
- Bottling companies
- Fairs, carnivals, midways
Finally, staff will responde to water-related complaints.
To contact a public health inspector, call 625-5930 or toll-free 1-888-294-6630, extension 5930.