School Booster Clinics Postponed
Chateau Jeunesse High School Booster Clinic (November 12) has been postponed until Sping 2015.
School Booster Clinics for Geraldton, Marathon, Schreiber and Terrace Bay have also been postponed until Spring 2015.
Click here for a list of school clinics that will be held in the District.
2014/2015 Flu Universal Influenza Immunization Program (UIIP)
Click here for information.
Immunization of School Pupils Act -
New vaccines required as of July 1, 2014 - click here for more information on the changes to the ISPA.
Changes to vaccine ordering process for health care providers - click here
Click on the links below for more information:
ZOSTAVAX (SHINGLES VACCINE)
- Zostavax is no longer available at the Wednesday immunization clinic.
- We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Please speak to your health care provider about this very important vaccine.
TB SKIN TESTING
- The Health Unit does not provide TB skin tests for screening purposes for school or employment. TB skin testing is only available to those who are contacts of TB cases.
- Click here for more information about TB skin tests. Please speak with your health care provider if you need the test.
Click on the links below for more information about immunization and vaccines:
What are vaccine preventable diseases?
There is a long list of diseases that can be prevented with a vaccine including chicken pox, mumps and polio. Across all age groups, vaccines provide the most effective and longest-lasting method of preventing infectious diseases.
What is the role of the Vaccine Preventable Disease program?
The Vaccine Preventable Disease (VPD) program at the Health Unit is committed to providing immunization services to reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable diseases within the City of Thunder Bay and District.
The VPD program:
How can I contact the Vaccine Preventable Disease program?
For more information please call the Vaccine Preventable Diseases program at 625-5971 or 1-888-294-6630, ext. 5971 or you can fax to (807) 625-4828.