Search PageSearch
Clinics & Clinical Services - Immunization

Contact Us
999 Balmoral Street
Thunder Bay, ON
P7B 6E7
Phone: (807) 625-5900
Toll-Free: (888) 294-6630
Follow us on Facebook.COM/TBDHealthUnit Follow us on Twitter.Com/TBDHealthUnit Follow us on Instagram.COM/TBDHealthUnit Phone Us Add to favourite Email this page to a friend Bigger Font SizeNormal Font SizeSmaller Font Size

Immunization and Vaccine



Publicly Funded Immunization Schedules (Ontario)

  • Click here for the Publicly Funded Immunization Schedules for Ontario effective October 2015.

2015/2016 Flu Universal Influenza Immunization Program (UIIP)

TB Skin Testing

  • The Health Unit does not provide TB skin tests for screening purposes for school or employment. 
  • TB skin testing is only available to those who are contacts of TB cases.
  • Click here for more information about TB skin tests.  Please speak with your health care provider if you need the test.  

Click on the links below for more information about immunization and vaccines:


What are vaccine preventable diseases?

There is a long list of diseases that can be prevented with a vaccine including chicken pox, mumps and polio.  Across all age groups, vaccines provide the most effective and longest-lasting method of preventing infectious diseases.




What is the role of the Vaccine Preventable Disease program?

The Vaccine Preventable Disease (VPD) program at the Health Unit is committed to providing immunization services to reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable diseases within the City of Thunder Bay and District.

The VPD program:


Last Updated: 2/10/2016