Did you know...
Three quarters of your child's brain develops before the age of five?
Fair Start Screening is an opportunity to monitor your child's early development during this very important stage. Don't wait. Call for an appointment today!
Fair Start is a developmental screening program for children 18 months to school age.
- Looks at healthy child development in the areas of:
- Speech and Language Development
- Early Literacy Skills
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills
- Social and Self-Help Behaviours
- Links parents and caregivers with the many children's services that are available free in our communities.
- Is made up of community organizations working together to improve the lives of children in our communities. For a list of partners please visit http://www.fairstart.ca
- Fair Start screening is available in a variety of locations:
- Best Start Hubs and Satellites
- Public Libraries
- Health Centres
- School and Child Care Programs
- Current research shows that about 1 in 8 children experiences some kind of developmental delay. With early identification, a child can receive the help they need to develop to their fullest potential.
- Screenings are free and for every child.
- For information about Fair Start or to make an appointment, you can:
2014-2015 Early Years Screening Dates
18 Month Well Baby Visit
Nipissing District Developmental Screen
Communities Together for Children