- Being active is more fun with friends and family! Grab a buddy (furry friends count too) and get moving.
- Explore Thunder Bay! Take advantage of the great outdoors and all the city and surrounding area have to offer.
- Build physical activity into your day; choose an active way to get to your destinations.
- Canadian adults are recommended to get 150 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity per week, in bouts of 10 minutes or more at a time. (Reference: CSEP)
- 38.5% of adults in Thunder Bay are not meeting the minimum requirements for physical activity. (Reference: Statistics Canada)
- Physical inactivity increases the chances of developing chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and some cancers. (Reference)
- Many chronic diseases are preventable with healthy lifestyle behaviours, such as being physically active.