PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS: Screen your child every day before child care using the Ontario COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool.
Keep them home if they have ANY symptoms of COVID-19 that are new or worsening or are different than the child's usual state. Refer to the instructions in the screening tool and arrange for testing with the nearest Assessment Centre.
Visit the Parents and Caregivers page for more information.
As of September 1, 2020, child care centres may return to maximum group sizes as set out under the CCEYA (i.e. licensed age groups prior to the COVID-19 outbreak). All child care settings must operate with enhanced health and safety measures in place.
Operators of child care centres should refer to the Ontario Ministry of Education Operational Guidance During COVID-19 Outbreak (Version 5 - March 2021). Operators who offer Before and After School Programs should also refer to the Ontario Ministry of Education Before and After School Programs Operational Guidance (Version 3 - March 2021).
Additional resources for child care operators and employees:
- NEW COVID-19 School Tip Sheet: Spring Celebrations - TBDHU
- COVID-19 Screening Tool for Employees & Essential Visitors in Schools and Child Care Settings
- Health and safety guidance during COVID-19 for employers of child care centres
- COVID-19 precautions when working as a child care provider
- Government of Ontario: Reopening Child Care Centres