see the ministry of health's ontario.ca/exposed website for instructions around:
- close contact exposure
Or call the Provincial Testing and Isolation Information Line from 8am-6pm, Monday to Sunday:
1 (888) 777-0730
Ministry of Health Guidance (via Flowcharts)
The following Ministry of Health resources provide guidance on what to do if you have symptoms or have been exposed. Please refer to these documents prior to reaching out to TBDHU for direction.
Vous avez été identifié comme étant un contact étroit d’une personne qui a obtenu un résultat positif à un test de dépistage de la COVID-19 ou d’une personne qui présente des symptômes de la COVID-19. Que devez-vous faire maintenant?
Adjusted Case and Contact Management
TBDHU has adjusted its approach to case and contact management in response to the rapid spread of COVID-19 and the highly transmissible Omicron variant. These changes align with provincial direction.
TBDHU will focus on protecting the most vulnerable by conducting case and contact management in higher-risk settings, including hospitals and health care settings, long-term care and retirement homes and congregate living settings. TBDHU will continue to work with partners on case and contact management in First Nation communities.
- Due to the number of cases in Ontario and locally, there can be a delay between the time someone gets their positive results and when they will speak to a case manager. Please isolate and follow the guidance above and at Ontario.ca/Exposed in the meantime.
- There will no longer be guidance provided directly to close contacts except if they are associated with a higher risk setting.
- There will be no updates to workplaces when there is an active case unless it is a higher risk setting.
- Confused about COVID-19? Family doctors answer your questions - Family & Community Medicine, University of Toronto
- COVID-19 Antiviral Treatment - Ontario Ministry of Health
- Coping with Isolation During COVID-19 (PDF)
- Coping with Isolation During COVID-19 - Post-Secondary Students (PDF)
- Coping with Isolation During COVID-19 - Families & Children (PDF)