General Rules for Meetings and Events in Ontario
The Ministry of Health's Roadmap to Reopen, sets out public health and workplace safety measures for all businesses, services and public spaces, including settings in which meetings and events may occur.
Under the Step One of the Roadmap to Reopen, meeting and event spaces must be closed with limited exceptions for:
- centres and authorized recreational and skill building programs
- court services
- government services
- mental health and addiction support services (e.g. Alcoholics Anonymous) permitted to a maximum of 10 people
- provision of social services
- collective bargaining, so long as more than 10 people are permitted to occupy the rented space
- conducting select in-person examinations with a maximum of 50 students
Contact information recording is required, with the exception of court services.
- Guidance for Professional Meeting and Event Facilities during COVID-19
- Ontario Regulation 82/20 (Schedules 6-10)
- Guidance for Facilities for Sports and Recreational Fitness Activities during COVID-19
- Risk mitigation tool for gatherings and events operating during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Community-based measures to mitigate the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Canada