As a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, some of TBDHU’s programs and services will continue while others have been suspended or altered. Note there may also be some delays in the services provided.
Visiting the Health Unit
We are advising clients coming to the health unit for an in-person visit to wear their own mask (cloth or other) if they have one available to them. Please note that visitors to the health unit are by appointment only.
If clients do not have a mask, we will still see them as long as they pass our screening process, as we have various protocols in place to ensure that client and staff safety is maintained. At this time we are not able to provide masks for clients.
For more information on face masks and how to use them properly, visit the Cover Your Coughs page.
Calling the Health Unit
Our staff are on-site and our phone lines are open. If you have a general question about a program or service you use, please call us. If your questions are specific to COVID-19, call us at (807) 625-5900 Option 2 or Toll-Free 1 (888) 294-6630 and speak to a member of our team.
Please note: We have staff available at the following times to answer calls related to COVID-19. Please call (807) 625-5900 or Toll-Free 1 (888) 294-6630.
- Monday to Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Programming at the Health Unit
The following public health programs and services continue to be offered in limited ways:
- Tobacco Cessation & Enforcement
- Community Food Access
- Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program calls (excludes home visits)
- Breastfeeding Support
- Environmental Health Services
- Harm Reduction/Needle Exchange Program
- Sexual Health Clinics
- Infectious Disease Program
- Street Nursing
- Branch Office Nursing service
- Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program - program application assistance by telephone
- Healthy Smiles Ontario Emergency Stream program application by telephone
The following public health programs and services will be suspended until further notice:
- Travel health clinics
- Prenatal classes
- Parenting sessions, workshops and events
- Flu clinics
- Food Literacy & Cooking Programs
- School Health programming
- Physical Literacy program
- Workplace health program
- Oral Health & Dental hygiene clinics
- Vision Screening
- Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (for emergency services please telephone)
- Healthy Smiles Ontario Program - Regular dental services (for emergency services please telephone)