All visitors to the health unit are by appointment only.
Visiting the Health Unit
Visitors to the health unit are by appointment only.
Effective July 24, 2020, all clients entering the health unit are required to use a mask or face covering (unless you are exempt). Masks must cover your nose, mouth and chin. Please bring one with you to your appointment. If you do not have one, masks will be available upon entry to the health unit.
You will be screened by phone before your appointment to assess your risk for COVID-19. This means that you will be asked a series of questions about how you are currently feeling and any possible exposures to COVID-19. If you pass all of the screening questions, you will be granted access; if you do not pass all of the screening questions your appointment will be rescheduled. On the day of your appointment, upon entry into the health unit, you will be screened for COVID-19 again by staff.
Calling the Health Unit
Our staff are on-site and our phone lines are open. If you have a general question about a program or service you use, please call us. If your questions are specific to COVID-19, call us at (807) 625-5900 Option 2 or Toll-Free 1 (888) 294-6630 and speak to a member of our team.
Please note: We have staff available at the following times to answer calls related to COVID-19. Please call (807) 625-5900 or Toll-Free 1 (888) 294-6630.
- Monday to Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Programming at the Health Unit
The following public health programs and services continue to be offered in limited ways:
- Tobacco Cessation & Enforcement
- Community Food Access
- Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program calls (excludes home visits)
- Breastfeeding Support
- Environmental Health Services
- Harm Reduction/Needle Exchange Program
- Sexual Health Clinics
- Infectious Disease Program
- Street Nursing
- Branch Office Nursing service
- Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program - program application assistance by telephone
- Healthy Smiles Ontario Emergency Stream - program application by telephone
The following public health programs and services will be suspended until further notice:
- Travel Health Clinics
- Prenatal Classes
- Parenting Sessions, Workshops and Events
- Flu Clinics
- Food Literacy & Cooking Programs
- School Health Programming
- Physical Literacy Program
- Workplace Health Program
- Oral Health & Dental Hygiene Clinics
- Vision Screening
- Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (for emergency services please phone)
- Healthy Smiles Ontario Program - regular dental services (for emergency services please phone)