Visiting the Health Unit
All visitors to the health unit are by appointment only.
All clients entering the health unit are required to wear a mask or face covering (unless you are exempt). Masks must cover your nose, mouth and chin. Please bring one with you to your appointment. If you do not have one, masks will be available upon entry to the health unit.
You will be screened by phone before your appointment to assess your risk for COVID-19. This means that you will be asked a series of questions about how you are currently feeling and any possible exposures to COVID-19. If you pass all of the screening questions, you will be granted access. If you do not pass all of the screening questions your appointment will be rescheduled. On the day of your appointment, upon entry into the health unit, you will be screened for COVID-19 again.
Calling the Health Unit
Our staff are on-site and our phone lines are open. If you have a general question about a program or service you use, or if your questions are specific to COVID-19, call us at (807) 625-5900 or Toll-Free 1-888-294-6630.
We have staff available at the following times to answer calls related to COVID-19:
- Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. **As of February 6, 2021, call centre services will no longer be offered on Sundays.**
To be assessed for COVID-19 testing, call the Assessment Centre nearest you or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.
Programming at the Health Unit
The following public health programs and services continue to be offered in limited ways:
- Branch Office Nursing Service
- Breastfeeding Support
- Community Food Access
- Environmental Health Services
- Flu Clinics
- Harm Reduction/Needle Exchange Program
- Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program calls (excludes home visits)
- Healthy Smiles Ontario Program
- Infectious Disease Program
- Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program
- Oral Health & Dental Hygiene Clinics
- School Health Program
- Sexual Health Clinics
- Street Nursing
- Tobacco Cessation & Enforcement
- Workplace Health Program
The following public health programs and services will be suspended until further notice:
- Food Literacy & Cooking Programs
- Parenting Sessions, Workshops and Events
- Physical Literacy Program
- Prenatal Classes
- School Oral Health Screening Program
- School Vision Screening Program
- Travel Health Clinics