- All COVID-19 vaccines authorized in Canada are proven safe, effective and of high quality, and will help protect us against COVID-19.
- As of September 16, 2021, four vaccines are fully approved by Health Canada; Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty, Moderna Spikevax, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
- Several other vaccines are currently under the process of approval by Health Canada.
- Health Canada only approves a vaccine after a thorough review process. The safety requirements in clinical trials for the COVID-19 vaccine were just as strict as the regular process for any other vaccine.
- After approval, Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada monitor the ongoing safety and effectiveness of all approved vaccines.
Specific Vaccine Information