- Safe and effective vaccines will help protect us against COVID-19.
- As of March 5, 2021, four vaccines are approved by Health Canada; Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
- Several other vaccines are currently under the process of approval by Health Canada.
- Health Canada only approves a vaccine after a thorough review process. The safety requirements in clinical trials for the COVID-19 vaccine were just as strict as the regular process for any other vaccine.
- After approval, Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada monitor the ongoing safety and effectiveness of all approved vaccines.
- As of May 11, 2021, Ontario has paused the rollout and administration of first doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine. However, a news release was provided on May 21, 2021 noting that second doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine will once again be administered. Read more in the AstraZeneca tab below.
Specific Vaccine Information