- Safe and effective vaccines will help protect us against COVID-19.
- The best vaccine is the vaccine that is available to you first!
- As of March 5, 2021, four vaccines are approved by Health Canada; Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
- Several other vaccines are currently under the process of approval by Health Canada.
- Health Canada only approves a vaccine after a thorough review process. The safety requirements in clinical trials for the COVID-19 vaccine were just as strict as the regular process for any other vaccine.
- After approval, Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada monitor the ongoing safety and effectiveness of all approved vaccines.
Specific Vaccine Information
The time between doses has changed to 16 weeks for the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines. More information is available on the Time Interval Between Vaccine Doses page.