The Nutrition Month 2018 campaign is dedicated to helping Canadians Unlock the Potential of Food to fuel, discover, prevent, heal and bring us together. The campaign highlights five ways that Canadians can unlock the potential of food:
- Potential to fuel: Stay energized by planning nutritious snacks into your day.
- Potential to discover: Foster healthy eating habits in children by teaching them to shop and cook.
- Potential to prevent: Understand how food can help prevent chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Potential to heal: Learn how food can promote healing and how dietitians work in health care teams to make a difference.
- Potential to bring us together: Enjoy the benefits of bringing families and friends together with food.
Recipe Contest for Kids
During March, we want you to unlock the potential of food by joining the Unlock the Potential Home Cooking Recipe Contest! By entering, you’ll have the chance to win a gift basket and be featured in an online cookbook. Whether you have a lot of cooking experience or you’re just starting to learn, this contest is for you!
For details or to submit a recipe, visit the Unlock the Potential of Food Recipe Contest for Kids page.
Nutrition Month Booths
During the month of March, local registered dietitians will be spreading the word about Nutrition Month at several booths throughout Thunder Bay. We’ll be providing information, recipes, interactive activities and the opportunity to chat with a dietitian. You’ll also be able to enter a draw to win a prize!
See below for the dates, times and locations:
- Wednesday March 7th from 4:00-5:30 pm at the Boys and Girls Club
- Monday March 12th from 12:00-4:00 pm at the Waverly Library
- Tuesday March 13th from 10:00 am-12:00 pm at the Brodie Library
- Wednesday March 14th from 12:00-4:00 pm at Victoriaville Mall
- Thursday March 15th from 12:00-4:00 pm at the Canada Games Complex
- Friday March 16th from 12:00-4:00 pm at the Canada Games Complex
- Monday March 19th from 4:00-5:30 pm at the Boys and Girls Club
- Nutrition Month 2018 (www.nutritionmonth2018.ca)
- 15 Feature Recipes
- Take the Challenge Certificate
- Recipe Contest Entry Form
For Further Information
If you are looking for Nutrition counselling or have a question about nutrition or healthy eating, please call Eat Right Ontario at 1-877-510-5102.
For information on our nutrition programs, please call 807-625-5900 or toll-free 1-888-294-6630