The Nutrition Month 2019 campaign is dedicated to helping Canadians Unlock the Potential of Food to fuel, discover, prevent, heal and bring us together. The campaign highlights five ways that Canadians can unlock the potential of food:
- Potential to fuel: Stay energized by planning nutritious snacks into your day.
- Potential to discover: Foster healthy eating habits in children by teaching them to shop and cook.
- Potential to prevent: Understand how food can help prevent chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Potential to heal: Learn how food can promote healing and how dietitians work in health care teams to make a difference.
- Potential to bring us together: Enjoy the benefits of bringing families and friends together with food.
Grocery Store Tours
During March, local Registered Dietitians will be offering grocery store tours at a variety of locations in Thunder Bay. You’ll have a chance to ask your nutrition questions and receive practical healthy eating tips while you explore the aisles looking for tasty, convenient, nutritious, and budget-friendly foods. Each tour will be 30 minutes. There will also be a booth set up with additional information and recipes, as well as the opportunity to enter a draw to win a prize!
Registration is encouraged but drop-ins are also welcome. To register, call Kim at (807) 625-8315.
See below for the dates, times and locations:
|Date & Time||Location|
|Saturday March 9, 10:00am & 2:00pm||Walmart, 777 Memorial Ave.|
|Friday March 15, 10:00am & 2:00pm||Safeway, 70 Court St. N|
|Saturday March 16, 10:00am & 2:00pm||Safeway, 115 Arthur St. W|
|Friday March 22, 4:30pm & 5:30pm||SuperStore, 600 Harbour Expressway|
Do you like to draw or colour? We want you to show us your plate! Use the colouring page (PDF) to draw a meal that you like to make or eat with you family or friends. Submit your picture for a chance to win a prize! Pictures can be dropped off at the Thunder Bay District Health Unit or emailed to Megan.Bellinger@tbdhu.com.
- Nutrition Month 2019
- 10 Feature Recipes
- Canada's Food Guide
- Colouring Contest Page (PDF)
For Further Information
If you are looking for Nutrition counselling or have a question about nutrition or healthy eating, please call Eat Right Ontario at 1-877-510-5102.
For information on our nutrition programs, please call 807-625-5900 or toll-free 1-888-294-6630