Immunization Record

Immunization Record Card (Yellow Card)An immunization record, or your “yellow card,” keeps track of all immunizations (vaccinations) that you or your child has received.

It is important to make sure that this record is kept up-to-date and stored in a safe place with your other important documents. Personal immunization records may be required for school, work or travel. An up-to-date immunization record will prevent unnecessary delays and/or duplicate vaccines being given.

When an immunization is given by a Health Unit nurse at one of our Immunization Clinics or at a School Immunization Clinic, the record is automatically updated. However, immunizations given by other health care providers are not automatically sent to the TBDHU.

We recommend that you submit immunization dates or records to the TBDHU once they are given by another health care provider to ensure the record is always up-to-date. This is especially important for children. There are several options to make it easy and convenient


Requesting an Immunization Record

Immunization records are available from the TBDHU upon request.  Adults 18 and older must contact the TBDHU for their own record. Please call 625-5900 or toll-free at 1-888-294-6630 to speak with a nurse. 

Consider creating an account on Immunization Connect (ICON) , a new secure online system for reporting student immunization information. With an account, you can submit immunizations from another provider as well as retrieve a copy of your immunization records. Learn more here.

Immunize Canada offers the following tips for locating Old Immunization Records

  • Previous healthcare providers – Consider immunizations given by your family provider, public health (like the TBDHU), urgent care clinics, or hospital emergency department visits.
  • At home – look through your old papers, including baby books and school or camp forms. If you’re an adult, don’t forget to ask your parent or guardian if they still have your childhood records.
  • Colleges, universities or other post-secondary institutions – Contact the health centre at any post-secondary institutions attended.
  • Previous employers – Contact previous employers, including the military.

If you don’t find any immunization records you may have to repeat some vaccines. It may be time consuming but it's not harmful and will ensure you are protected. Talk to your health care provider or a nurse at the TBDHU with any questions.


For Further Information

Call the Vaccine Preventable Disease Program at  (807) 625-5900

or toll-free 1-888-294-6630


Last Updated: 16/04/2019