Submitting Immunization Records

Health care providers (including your family doctor) do not automatically inform the Thunder Bay District Health Unit when vaccines are given, so it is the parents’ responsibility to let the TBDHU know of their child's immunizations. The TBDHU will only have a record of any vaccines administered by TBDHU nurses, whether at school or in our Immunization Clinic.

If your child receives a vaccine from another health care provider, you can submit this information online or by paper submission. The Immunization of School Pupils Act requires that all students have proof of vaccination against several different infections. These infections are covered under Ontario's Immunization Schedule.


Online Submission

You can report your immunizations online using Immunization Connect (ICON), a new secure online system for reporting student immunization information. This site can also be used to retrieve a copy of your immunization records. You will need your Ontario Immunization ID (OIID) or your Ontario Health Card with the Stock Control number (on the back of the health card). The Ontario Immunization ID may be found on a letter sent from the Thunder Bay District Health Unit. If you do not have this code please contact us at 1-807-625-5900 or 1-888-294-6630 or email


Paper Submission (Fax or Mail)

If you prefer, you can also fax or mail the information to the TBDHU. Simply print off the School Entry Immunization Form (disponible en anglais et aussi français), fill it out, and fax or mail it back to the address below.

Fax to: (807) 625-4828

Mail to: Vaccine Preventable Disease Program

Thunder Bay District Health Unit

999 Balmoral Street

Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6E7


For Further Information

Call the Vaccine Preventable Disease Program at (807) 625-5900

or toll-free 1-888-294-6630

Last Updated: 10/01/2018