Walk-In Flu Shot Clinics for Children and Families
The TBDHU main office, at 999 Balmoral St., will be offering the following walk-in flu shot clinics for children and their families:
- Thursday, January 17: 9am-12pm
- Thursday, January 24: 9am-12pm
Clinics are for all children aged 6 months to 17 years old and their families. An Ontario health card is not required. Clinics are a walk-in basis; no appointment is necessary. Call 625-5900 or 1-888-294-6630 for more information.
Kids need the flu shot too!! Here are 5 reasons why:
- The flu can make kids really sick with complications like bronchitis or pneumonia.
- The flu shot gives developing immune systems a boost by teaching the body to fight the flu.
- No missed work or school; sick kids have to stay home.
- Protecting your child also protects others at higher risk, especially babies and grandparents.
- The flu shot is closely monitored in Canada and has an excellent safety record.
For Further Information
For Flu information or questions call: (807) 625-5900 or Toll-free I-888-294-6630.
Learn more about the flu at the Ministry of Health's flu website.
Learn more about the flu in children on the Canadian Paediatric Society website.