Under instructions issued by the Medical Officer of Health, all businesses and organizations in the Thunder Bay District Health Unit area must adopt a policy that requires all members of the public and employees who enter or remain in an enclosed public space to wear a mask or face covering. This policy will be effective Friday, July 24, 2020 at 12:01 am.
A sample policy will be available for businesses and organizations to adapt and use.
In addition to having a policy requiring masks, businesses and organizations must:
- Train their employees on the requirements of the policy and how to implement it
- Post signs to remind employees and customers about the requirement to mask
- Be able to provide a copy of the policy upon request to a public health inspector or other person authorized to enforce the provisions of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA)
The following posters should be printed off and posted in the entrance of your place of business:
- Mandatory Masks Poster for Businesses (with Exemptions) (PDF) and in French: Masque ou couvre-visage obligatoire (avec des exemptions)
*NEW* Additional Education Resources
A new handout is available for businesses and organizations looking to provide customers or clients with information about the mask requirement.
- Masks are Now Required in Enclosed Public Spaces (8x5 handout PDF)