December 28, 2018
The outbreak of respiratory illness in the Lily and Daisy Resident Home Areas (3 North and 3 South) at Hogarth Riverview Manor, located at 300 N. Lillie St, has been called over. All restrictions have been lifted for the Lily and Daisy Resident Home Areas (3 North and 3 South).
However, the outbreak restrictions are still in place for the Trillium and Violet Resident Home Areas (7 North and 7 South). Please call the facility for more information about the Trillium and Violet Resident Home Areas (7 North and 7 South).
The Health Unit is urging people to refrain from visiting hospitals and long-term care facilities when feeling unwell to avoid spreading infections to those most vulnerable: young infants and children, the elderly and those with other chronic illnesses.
The Health Unit reminds the public that they can prevent getting and spreading infections by:
- Getting a seasonal flu shot from their local pharmacy or health care provider.
- Washing hands often, for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water, or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Covering coughs/sneezes with the upper sleeve if no tissue is available.
- Putting all used tissues in the garbage right away.
- Staying at home if sick to avoid spreading infections to others.
For more information: Health Unit Media Line 625-8800 1-888-294-6630, extension 8800