January 15, 2018 - The Influenza A outbreak affecting the following Resident Home Areas of Hogarth Riverview Manor, located at 300 Lillie Street North, has been declared over:
- Marigold (5 North)
- Orchid (5 South)
All restrictions have been lifted for the above Resident Home Areas.
The Influenza A outbreak remains in effect for the Lavender (2 North) Resident Home Area.
The Health Unit is urging people to stay at home and refrain from visiting hospitals and long-term care facilities when feeling unwell to avoid spreading infections to those most vulnerable: young infants and children, the elderly and those with other chronic illnesses.
The Health Unit reminds the public to prevent getting and spreading infections by:
- Getting a seasonal flu shot from the Health Unit or local health care provider.
- Washing hands often, for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water, or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Covering coughs/sneezes with the upper sleeve if no tissue is available.
- Putting all used tissues in the garbage right away.
- Staying at home if sick to avoid spreading infections to others.
For more information:
Health Unit Media Line 625-8800
1-888-294-6630, extension 8800