It is recommended that people over 70 stay home as much as possible. The Government of Ontario is also recommending that people who have compromised immune systems and/or underlying medical conditions, or are regularly going to a hospital or health care setting for treatment, stay home and get help with essential errands.
View the information in the tabs below for details on how to keep yourself healthy and well, as well as how to support the older adults in your life, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Keeping Seniors' Benefits Safe from Fraudsters - Age Friendly Thunder Bay
- Age Friendly Thunder Bay COVID-19 Newsletters
- How to Protect Yourself from COVID-19 for Older Adults and People with Chronic Medical Conditions and Weakened Immune Systems (Public Health Ontario - English PDF)
- Things to Do While Physical Distancing for Older Adults (English PDF)
- Mental Wellness during COVID-19 for Elders and Seniors (English PDF)
- At-Home Activity Kits for Care Providers and Seniors (English PDF)
- Tips for how to improve communication when talking on the phone with someone who has a hearing loss (PDF)
Watch TBDHU's Educational Videos on COVID-19 on your television on the following channels:
- TBayTel On Demand (OnDemand- Local Content- COVID-19- Covid19 Tips)
- Shaw Channel 10 and 105 (for those with BlueSky Boxes)