A series of printable resources are available on the School COVID-19 Printable Resources page. Resources available in French are available on the page Ressources imprimables en français. These pages will be updated frequently as new resources become available so please check back regularly.
Checklist: COVID-19 Preparedness and Prevention in Elementary and Secondary (K-12) Schools - Public Health Ontario
Environmental Scan of School Reopening During COVID-19 - Public Health Ontario
Guide to Reopening Schools (July 30, 2020)
Operational guidance: COVID-19 management in schools (August 26, 2020)
COVID-19 guidance: school outbreak management (August 26, 2020)
Information for Parents and Caregivers of Students
Visit the Parents & Caregivers page for information on COVID-19 screening and preparing children for school.
Visit the Child with Symptoms & When to Return page for information on COVID-19 symptoms, testing and when children can return to school.
Nutrition and Food Safety
The following resource offers food safety advice as well as recommendations regarding school nutrition programming and associated vendors.
- Nutrition and Food Safety Tip Sheet (August 26, 2020)
- Nutrition et salubrité des aliments feuille de conseils (26 Aout 2020)
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The following resources can support staff and the use of PPE:
- How to put on and take off PPE videos
- Putting on and taking off PPE (PDF)
- Guidance on Protective Eyewear (PDF)
- Recommandations sur les équipements de protection oculaire pour la pandémie de COVID-19 (PDF)
The following resource can support environmental cleaning staff:
School Mental Health Ontario has created a framework for a mentally healthy return to school as well as toolkits for educators to support students in returning to school during COVID-19:
- Framework for a Mentally Healthy Return to School (PDF)
- Toolkit resources accessible through the School Mental Health Ontario to all publicly funded school boards in Ontario.
Have a question for your school public health nurse?
Visit the School Nurse Services page for contact information.