- A series of printable resources are available on the School COVID-19 Printable Resources page.
- Resources available in French are available on the page Ressources imprimables en français.
- Guide to Reopening Schools - Government of Ontario
- Operational guidance: COVID-19 management in schools - Government of Ontario
- Messages from the Minister of Education of Ontario
- Handout - Looking for Info on COVID-19? (PDF) - TBDHU
- COVID-19 Screening Tool for Employees & Essential Visitors in Schools and Child Care Settings (PDF)
- Outil de dépistage de la COVID-19 pour les élèves et les enfants allant à l’école ou dans un service de garde d’enfants (PDF)
- Checklist: COVID-19 Preparedness and Prevention in Elementary and Secondary (K-12) Schools - Public Health Ontario
- COVID-19 Guidance: School Outbreak Management (October 1, 2020)
- Ontario Ministry of Education Before and After School Programs Operational Guidance (Version 2 - November 2020)
- Environmental Scan of School Reopening During COVID-19 - Public Health Ontario
Information for Parents and Caregivers of Students
Visit the Parents & Caregivers page for information on COVID-19 screening and preparing children for school.
Visit the Child with Symptoms & When to Return page for information on COVID-19 symptoms, testing and when children can return to school.
Nutrition and Food Safety
The following resource offers food safety advice as well as recommendations regarding school nutrition programming and associated vendors.
- Nutrition and Food Safety Tip Sheet (August 26, 2020)
- Nutrition et salubrité des aliments feuille de conseils (26 aout 2020)
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The following resources can support staff and the use of PPE:
- How to put on and take off PPE videos
- Putting on and taking off PPE (PDF)
- Guidance on Protective Eyewear (PDF)
- Recommandations sur les équipements de protection oculaire pour la pandémie de COVID-19 (PDF)
The following resource can support environmental cleaning staff:
School Mental Health Ontario has created a framework for a mentally healthy return to school as well as toolkits for educators to support students in returning to school during COVID-19:
- Framework for a Mentally Healthy Return to School (PDF)
- Toolkit resources accessible through the School Mental Health Ontario to all publicly funded school boards in Ontario.
Have a question for your school public health nurse?
Visit the School Nurse Services page for contact information.