To help slow the spread of COVID-19 and the variants of concern, Canadians are advised to exercise caution when travelling. If you are travelling, plan ahead and take steps to reduce your risk.
For provincial direction regarding travel, please see Ontario's Travelling and Returning page.
For national direction regarding travel, including international travel, please see Government of Canada's COVID-19: Travel, Testing, Quarantine and Borders page.
Tips for Staying Safe While Travelling
- Be up-to-date with the current doses of COVID-19 vaccine for which you are eligible. It is recommended to wait two weeks after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine before travelling to ensure maximum protection.
- Be informed of the COVID-19 situation of your destination and follow any guidance from the local public health agency in that area.
- Practice personal protective measures, such as physical distancing, wearing a mask and frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer.
- Don’t travel if you, or any of your travel companions, have any symptoms or feel sick. Isolate at home and follow the instructions at Ontario.ca/Exposed.
- Prepare for what you will do if you, or a travel companion, becomes ill on your trip, even with mild symptoms. Plan for self-isolation, health care and travel home.
- Monitor yourself for symptoms, wherever you are. If you have symptoms or you feel sick, isolate and follow the guidance of the local public health agency.
When You Return Home
- If you develop any symptoms after returning home, even if mild, isolate immediately at home and follow the instructions at Ontario.ca/Exposed.
- Follow your employer/workplace's policy regarding returning to work following travel.
- All returning international travellers must follow direction provided by the Government of Canada.
- For individuals who have travelled on a cruise ship, visit the Government of Canada website for exposure notices from selected cruise ships. Individuals who were on a listed cruise should monitor themselves for symptoms. If symptoms develop, self-isolate immediately and follow the instructions at Ontario.ca/Exposed.
Who Should Not Travel
Other Travel Information