Accessibility policy: BH-02-12 Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (PDF)
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit strives to make it easy for everyone to get the services and information they want and in the way they need to improve their health.
Our goal is to provide people of all abilities with the same level of support and equal access to our services. We make every effort to do this in a way that respects every client’s independence and dignity.
TBDHU has a policy to provide excellent service to people with disabilities. This policy states that:
- guide dogs or other service animals are welcome
- support persons are welcome
- assistive devices may be used to access our programs and services
- clients with disabilities will be made aware when there is a planned or unexpected change that may affect their access to services
- the Health Unit will have forms, pamphlets and other information available in different formats when we are asked to do so
- the Health Unit will offer clients many different ways to give feed back about our services (these options will be on our website and at Health Unit offices)
To get information in a different format or to give us feedback about our service, please fill out our contact form [Link to contact form] or use any of the following methods:
For Further Information
Call the Human Resources Department: (807) 625-5900
or toll-free 1-888-294-6630