Are your colleagues or employees at work happy and healthy?
Promoting healthy lifestyles in the workplace has benefits for employees and employers alike. These include:
- improved health and wellness (which benefits everyone)
- decreased absenteeism (which affects everyone)
- reduced injury claims and health benefit costs
- increased productivity
- improved morale
- improved corporate culture and image
- lower employee turnover rates
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit developed the Wellness@Work program to help employers and/or staff encourage healthy living at their workplace. We provide tools (such as electronic brochures, displays and regular newsletters) and support (including presentations and advice for creating your own Wellness@Work strategy) to help you tailor a Wellness@Work plan that is fun and effective.
Wellness@Work and You
The following are some of the tools and support available to organizations within the District of Thunder Bay.
Not sure where to start with your own Wellness@Work program? The TBDHU can consult with you AND come to your workplace with presentations on a variety of topics related to healthier living including:
- Benefits of walking and how to use pedometers
- Goal setting for physical activity
- Tobacco cessation & education
- Healthy eating
- Mindless eating
- Benefits of "eating local"
- Healthy Measures: Eat Well, Be Active, Be Yourself
- Shift work and your health
- Safe use of plastics
- Infection control
- Alcohol and your health
The Wellness@Work Network – Newsletters and eBulletins
The Wellness@Work Network is a group of workplace health promotion champions. As a member, you will receive the quarterly Wellness@Work newsletter by e-mail, invitations to networking opportunities and notifications for special events and activities.
The TBDHU has a number of displays that you can borrow and set up in your workplace. Please contact us for more information including a list of currently available resources (contact information is at the bottom of this page).
For Further Information
Call Wellness@Work at (807) 625-5900
or toll-free: 1-888-294-6630