May 14, 2020 - The Thunder Bay District Health Unit (“TBDHU”) is in the process of investigating a case of COVID-19 diagnosed this week. The individual is employed at the Memorial Avenue Walmart in Thunder Bay.
TBDHU has investigated the potential for virus transmission and have determined that customers who were in the store or used Walmart Pickup service on May 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th, 2020, may be at risk. TBDHU is also following up with Walmart regarding other staff who may have been exposed.
This risk is deemed to be low for these individuals so they should monitor for symptoms and call the TBDHU if even one symptom develops at (807) 625-5900.
Everyone should take the following measures to protect themselves and reduce the spread to others.
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand
- Practice physical distancing by staying at least 2 metres (6 feet) apart from others.
- Clean and disinfect often, especially high touch surfaces like phones and door knobs.
Visit the TBDHU Website for more information or contact TBDHU at (807) 625-5900 or toll-free: 1-888-294-6630.
Visit Ontario's website to learn more about how the province continues to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.
For more information - Health Unit Media: email@example.com.