Effective March 2, 2021, the Order allows the TBDHU to enforce self-isolation requirements for certain individuals. For more information, visit the Section 22 Class Order - Self-Isolation page.
- If a child has 1 or more new symptoms, they must not go to school or child care. Details on the Child with Symptoms page.
- If anyone has symptoms, the entire household must self-isolate. Details on the Self-Isolation page.
- Definition of who could be high-risk and low-risk contacts on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Instructions if someone in the house is a high-risk contact with no symptoms, (this includes children in a dismissed cohort):
For COVID-19 related questions, please call the TBDHU COVID-19 Information Line at (807) 625-5900 or Toll-Free at 1-888-294-6630.
Popular COVID-19 Resources
- Screening Tool for School and Child Care: Ontario COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool
- Screening Tool for General Public: Ontario COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- Testing: Call the Assessment Centre nearest you or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
- Test Results: Ontario's COVID-19 Test Results Viewer
Current Status of COVID-19
All data for the area served by the TBDHU is presented on the Current COVID-19 Data in TBDHU page.
Visit our YouTube playlist Weekly CBC Interviews with Dr. Janet DeMille for previous updates.
Who can I call with questions?
- Telehealth Toll-Free at 1-866-797-0000
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit at (807) 625-5900 or Toll-Free at 1-888-294-6630
- TBDHU District Offices:
- Nipigon/Red Rock (807) 886-1060
- Schreiber/Terrace Bay (807) 825-7770
- Marathon/Manitouwadge (807) 229-1820
- Greenstone (807) 854-0454
Please note - TBDHU staff are available at the following times to answer calls related to COVID-19:
- Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.