October 19, 2018 - Please be aware that the following vaccines (Hepatitis A/Hepatitis B/Rabies/Yellow Fever) are on shortage both from the manufacturers and from our wholesalers

  • Twinrix
  • Twinrix Jr.
  • Havrix 1440
  • Havrix 720
  • Avaxim
  • Avaxim Paed
  • Engerix-B
  • Engerix-B Paed
  • Rabavert
  • Immovax Rabies
  • Yellow Fever

Travelling the world is fun, but it’s important to be aware of the different hazards you may not be used to living in Northwestern Ontario. Different diseases not found here including tropical diseases, political unrest, different laws, dangerous wildlife, different climate – even standards of living and basic health care services can vary widely from country to country and region to region.

The Thunder Bay District Health Unit provides a number of services to help travellers including a Travel Clinic for information/travel counselling and special vaccinations. As part of our role, we also provide links to other related information and reliable websites (below) to help you understand any health risks you may face, and how to prepare for them.

Happy (and safe) trails!


Please note* There is currently a worldwide shortage of Yellow Fever vaccine.
Please ensure that you contact a designated yellow fever vaccination centre well in advance of making travel plans to determine availability of vaccine. Find a Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre near you.


It is recommended you consider not travelling to areas with risk of yellow fever transmission if you cannot get vaccinated against yellow fever.  Please refer to Health Canada Travel Health and Safety page for information on updated travel notices.


Please note that NO TRAVEL ADVICE can be given over the phone or as a walk-in client. To receive travel advice, please call the number below and make an appointment.


For Further Information

Call the Travel Clinic (Immunization Clinic) at (807) 625-5900

or toll-free 1-888-294-6630

Last Updated: 13/09/2021