In this section, health care providers can access important information about public health as it pertains to their profession. Please note: “health care provider” is a term used to describe a health care practitioner who is in contact with clients or groups of clients and bears responsibility for managing or informing them about some aspect of physical and/or mental health and wellness.
Vaccine Reporting for Health Care Providers
- Immunization of Children/Youth (Ages 0-18 years) Report Form (IMT-911)
- Some vaccines require special report forms. You can access them by visiting the Vaccine Reporting section of our Immunization Resources page for Health Care Providers.
What Health Care Providers can do about Health Equity
Here is some information about screening, understanding, and evaluating your patient population.
- This video link examines how income has an impact on health: Ted Talk: If You Want to Help Me, Prescribe Me Money: Gary Bloch
- The Measuring Health Equity website provides health care providers with practical advice, tools, and resources on how to plan, implement, and use patient and client demographic data in their health-care settings.
- This article Diagnosis: Poverty discusses poverty screening tools in use across Canada.
Here are some screening tools for use in primary care:
- This Patient Demographic form (PDF) provides a useful tool for demographic data collection in Canadian health care settings.
- The Poverty: A Clinical Tool for Primary Care Providers is a great tool for screening all patients to determine poverty risk.
- The Ontario College of Family Physicians is committed to addressing poverty, providing a number of tools and resources that can be used for screening.
Learn more about how the social determinants affect the health of Thunder Bay District by visiting our Profile of Social Determinants of Health in Thunder Bay District
Alcohol & Other Drugs
Disease & Infections
- Diseases A-Z
- PIDAC Recommended Guidelines for Infection Control/Diseases (Public Health Ontario)
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Investigations
- Immunization Resources for Health Care Providers
- Public Health Ontario - Test Directory A-Z
- For consent forms, visit Resources and filter by content type "Forms"
- Oral Health
- Healthy Smiles Ontario
- Baby Teeth are Important (PDF)
- Lift the Lip (PDF)
- Teething (PDF)
- Snacking and Nutrition for Healthy Teeth (PDF)
- Caution - This sign can be used to communicate to visitors when a facility is monitoring signs and symptoms of illness.
- Declared - This sign can be used to communicate to visitors when an outbreak is declared.
Preconception to Early Years
- Preparing to Have a Baby
- Folic Acid
- Babies’ on the Way Prenatal Classes
- Effective Interventions and Strategies to Prevent Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancies (PDF)
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (Stopping Drug Use During Pregnancy) (PDF)
- Having a Baby in Thunder Bay? Programs During Pregnancy and After Baby Arrives (PDF)
- Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Fair Start
- 18-month well-baby visit Information for physicians & other health professionals
- Quit Smoking for Health Care Professionals
- Northwest TCAN invites you to participate in a Tobacco Cessation Community of Practice. The Northwest Cessation Community of Practice is an online community where members can
- Learn about and share information on emerging cessation priorities in the community
- Increase your practice’s capacity to offer tobacco cessation programs and services
- Access networking opportunities
- Find training, webinar and education opportunities being offered
- If you are interested in becoming a member, please click here: http://nwcessationcop.ning.com/
For downloadable resources, visit the Resources page and filter by audience "Health Care Providers":