Reporting and Obtaining Immunization Records

DELAYS WITH RECORD ENTRY: TBDHU is currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of vaccine record submissions. It may take up to one week before submitted records are entered into our system. Thank you for your patience. 
ISSUES WITH ICON SUBMISSION: Some people are reporting challenges using Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON). If you cannot submit a record via ICON, please contact

An immunization record keeps track of all immunizations (vaccinations) that you or your child has received. Personal immunization records may be required for school, work, medical treatment, or travel.

If you use a physical copy of an immunization record (or “yellow card”), it is important to make sure that this record is kept up-to-date and stored in a safe place with your other important documents. A digital alternative is also available; see the tabs below for more information on Immunization Connect Ontario.

Parents of children who are attending school or a licensed childcare centre in Ontario MUST ensure that the Health Unit has updated vaccine records for their children (or a valid exemption on file). Provincial legislations requires the Health Unit to keep these records; see Immunizations for School-Aged Children and Licensed Childcare Immunization for more information on this legislation.

When an immunization is given by a Health Unit nurse at one of our Immunization Clinics, the Health Unit automatically updates its records. Immunizations given by other health care providers are not automatically sent to the Health Unit.

It is the parent’s responsibility to report vaccine information to the Health Unit for their child. Adults can also choose to report their own records to the Health Unit, but are not required to do so.



For Further Information

Call the Vaccine Preventable Disease Program at (807) 625-5900

or toll-free 1-888-294-6630

Last Updated: