Health care providers can find the most up-to-date guidance from the Ministry of Health by accessing the COVID-19 Vaccine-Relevant Information and Planning Resources page.
- Safe and effective vaccines will help protect us against COVID-19.
- As of December 29, 2020, two vaccines are approved by Health Canada; Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna.
- Several other vaccines are currently under the process of approval by Health Canada.
- Health Canada only approves a vaccine after a thorough review process. The safety requirements in clinical trials for the COVID-19 vaccine were just as strict as the regular process for any other vaccine.
- After approval, Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada monitor the ongoing safety and effectiveness of all approved vaccines.
Vaccines and Treatment for COVID-19: Progress - Government of Canada
What you need to know about the COVID-19 Vaccine for Canada - Government of Canada
COVID-19 Vaccine-Relevant Information and Planning Resources - Ontario Ministry of Health
COVID-19 Vaccines - Centre for Effective Practice