In this section, childcare, preschool, elementary school and secondary school educators can find useful information about public health topics such as physical activity, nutrition, sexual health, oral health and more.
2023-2024 Respiratory Illness Season
- The “layers of protection” are actions that reduce the risk of illness and reduce the risk of spreading illness to others. These layers are most effective when they are used together as no one action is perfect on its own. To learn more visit the dedicated webpage.
- Memos outlining these layers of protection were distributed to staff of school boards and licensed child care centre.
- In addition, communication to share with families was made available to school boards and licensed child care centres.
- Thank you for helping to create a respectful, welcoming and inclusive environment for those who choose to wear a mask and for working with us to keep our schools safe places work, learn and play.
- School Entry Immunization Form (PDF)
- The CARD™ Toolkit for Educators, Parents, and Healthcare Professionals - Anxiety Canada
Smoking, Vaping & Tobacco
Tobacco Reduction in Youth Partnerships (TRYPs)
The Northwest Tobacco Control Area Network (NW TCAN) aims to build and enhance partnerships with regional youth-focused groups, schools and organizations by supporting activities through its Tobacco Reduction in Youth Partnerships (TRYPs) program. These activities have a focus on reducing commercial tobacco use among youth and young adults in Northwestern Ontario.
If you are interested in a TRYPs opportunity, please complete the quick TRYPs proposal found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TRYPsProp23 or click the image below to download this poster:
For downloadable resources, visit the Resources page and filter by audience "Educators":