January 22, 2019 - Officials at the Health Unit and Hogarth Riverview Manor, located at 300 N. Lillie Street, have declared an enteric outbreak of gastrointestinal illness in the Marigold Resident Home Area – 5 North today at 2pm.
A respiratory outbreak was also declared at Hogarth Riverview Manor in the Marigold Resident Home Area – 5 North today at 2pm.
Admissions, transfers, discharges and social activities have been cancelled until further notice. Visitors are restricted to family members and caregivers only, so please call the facility for more information.
The Health Unit is urging people to stay at home and refrain from visiting hospitals, long-term care facilities and retirement homes when feeling unwell to avoid spreading infections to those most vulnerable: young infants and children, the elderly and those with other chronic illnesses.
The Health Unit reminds the public to prevent getting and spreading infections by:
- Washing hands often, for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water, or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Staying at home if sick to avoid spreading infections to others.
- Getting a seasonal flu shot from your local pharmacist, health care provider or the Health Unit.
- Covering coughs/sneezes with the upper sleeve if no tissue is available.
- Putting all used tissues in the garbage right away.
For more information:
Health Unit Media Line 625-8800
1-888-294-6630, extension 8800