April 14, 2020 - Officials at the Health Unit and Southbridge Pinewood, located at 2625 E. Walsh Street, have declared a facility-wide respiratory outbreak of Human Metapneumovirus and Seasonal Coronavirus (NON-COVID-19) on Saturday April 11th, 2020 in the afternoon.
All admissions, transfers, discharges and social activities have been cancelled until further notice. Visitors are restricted to family members and caregivers only, so please call the facility for more information.
The Health Unit is urging people to refrain from visiting hospitals and long-term care facilities when feeling unwell to avoid spreading infections to those most vulnerable: young infants and children, the elderly and those with other chronic illnesses.
The Health Unit reminds the public that they can prevent getting and spreading infections by:
- Getting a seasonal flu shot from your local pharmacist, health care provider or the Health Unit.
- Washing hands often, for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water, or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Covering coughs/sneezes with the upper sleeve if no tissue is available.
- Putting all used tissues in the garbage right away.
- Staying at home if sick to avoid spreading infections to others.
For more information - Health Unit Media: email@example.com.