January 29, 2020 - The outbreak of respiratory illness at St. Joseph’s Hospital – 4 South, located at 35 N. Algoma Street has been declared over this morning at 9:30am. All restrictions have been lifted.
The Health Unit is urging people to stay at home and refrain from visiting hospitals and long-term care facilities when feeling unwell to avoid spreading infections to those most vulnerable: young infants and children, the elderly and those with other chronic illnesses.
The Health Unit reminds the public to prevent getting and spreading infections by:
- Getting a seasonal flu shot from your local pharmacist, health care provider or the health unit.
- Washing hands often, for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water, or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Covering coughs/sneezes with the upper sleeve if no tissue is available.
- Putting all used tissues in the garbage right away.
- Staying at home if sick to avoid spreading infections to others.
For more information - Health Unit Media: firstname.lastname@example.org.