July 26, 2022 - Last week, the Province announced that parents and caregivers of children aged six months to under five years will be able to book appointments as of Thursday July 28, 2022 at 8 a.m. for the paediatric COVID-19 vaccine. The Thunder Bay District Health Unit (TBDHU) is offering the following clinic(s) specific to this age group:
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit Office – 999 Balmoral Street
- Appointments are available for children under five daily starting Thursday July 28, 2022 and can be booked through the provincial booking system or by calling 1-833-943-3900. These clinics are by appointment only.
- District Communities
- TBDHU is working with local family health teams to provide opportunities for children under five to receive the vaccine. For individuals in the District, please visit the TBDHU website for additional information and links to the Family Health Teams.
For all eligible groups (including children under 5):
With the temporary closure of the CLE Coliseum clinic from July 28 to August 16, in Thunder Bay, the following COVID-19 vaccine clinics will be available for anyone (including children under 5):
- August 2, 2022: Da Vinci Centre – 340 Waterloo Street South
- August 3, 2022: CLE Heritage Building – 425 Northern Avenue
- August 8, 2022: Italian Cultural Centre – 132 Algoma Street South
Appointments are available for all eligible groups (including children under 5) at the above noted clinics and can be booked as of Thursday July 28, 2022 at 8 a.m. through the provincial booking system or by calling 1-833-943-3900. Walk-ins will also be accepted for these clinics.
TBDHU is also planning other community clinics throughout TBDHU catchment area, for all individuals, including children aged six months to under five years, and more details will be provided on the TBDHU website and through social media in the coming days.
Select pharmacies and participating primary care providers also continue to provide COVID-19 vaccines, including the paediatric vaccine.
Parents and caregivers with questions are encouraged to speak with their health care provider or call the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900 to speak to a health specialist or visit COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service to book a confidential phone appointment with a SickKids Registered Nurse.
Stay tuned to the TBDHU website and social media for more information and announcements as details become available.
For more information - Health Unit Media: firstname.lastname@example.org.