June 9, 2021 - Residents of Oliver Paipoonge, Neebing, O’Connor, Conmee, Gillies and nearby unincorporated areas will have the opportunity to get their COVID-19 vaccine at a clinic for rural residents to be held at the Norwest Arena on Thursday, June 17, 2021. Proof of address will be required at the clinic.
This vaccination clinic is a collaboration between TBDHU and the rural municipalities to increase access to the vaccine and enhance overall vaccine coverage in the rural areas. “Bringing vaccine near your home is an important step to ensuring all community members throughout the TBDHU area can access vaccines,” said Dr. Janet DeMille, Medical Officer of Health, “We encourage anyone living in those areas who is eligible for vaccine to attend.”
- Location: Norwest Arena, 40 Hwy 588, Stanley
- Date/Time: Thursday June 17, 2021, from 2:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- First dose: Anyone 12 years of age and over is eligible.
- Second dose:
- Individuals 70 years and older are eligible provided it has been at least 28 days since their first dose
- Individuals who received their first dose on or before April 18th
- For second doses, individuals will receive the Pfizer vaccine. Individuals who received Moderna for their first dose can receive Pfizer for their second dose if they choose. Moderna will not be available at this rural clinic.
Proof of address (such as a driver’s license or utility bill) in Oliver Paipoonge, Neebing, O’Connor, Conmee, Gillies or nearby unincorporated areas will be required. Please bring your health card (if available) to your clinic appointment.
- To book an appointment: Please visit the Rural Clinic Booking Page or call us at 807-625-5900. Limited walk-in spots will also be available, as supply allows.
TBDHU encourages everyone, whether you have been vaccinated or not, to continue following all public health measures to protect the health of individuals and our health system. If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, even mild ones, isolate immediately and arrange to get tested at your local assessment centre.
Visit TBDHU.com for more information.
For more information - Health Unit Media: email@example.com.