Businesses who have questions about closures of at-risk workplaces or how emergency measures impact their business or employment can call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659. Help is available 8:30 a.m.― 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and 8:30 a.m.— 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
To prevent the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, it is vitally important for workplaces to take proactive steps to protect our community. We all have a role to play in keeping employees, clients, customers and volunteers safe and healthy.
Infection Prevention and Control Measures for Workplaces
Employers need to be proactive to protect their employee and clients to minimize the risk of COVID-19 spreading. Follow official public health and medical advice closely and advise employees on what to do if they think they may have caught the virus or are at risk of contracting it.
Communicate clearly to employees that the following 5 Infection Prevention and Control Measures (screening, personal hygiene, cough etiquette, environmental cleaning, and physical distancing) should be used together for optimal effectiveness in stopping the spread of COVID-19/“flattening the curve”:
Additional Information for Businesses and Workplaces
Posters and Fact Sheets
- NEW Fact Sheet: Guidance for Workplaces During COVID-19 (Apr 1 2020) (PDF).
Physical Distancing Printable Posters
- Physical Distancing - Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19 (While Standing in Line) (English PDF)
- Physical Distancing - Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19 (While Standing in Line) (French PDF)
- Physical Distancing - Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19 (Restaurants) (English PDF)
- Physical Distancing - Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19 (Restaurants) (French PDF)
- NEW Physical Distancing - Elevators (English PDF)
- NEW Physical Distancing - Elevators (French PDF)
General physical distancing posters are also available.
- Help stop the spread of COVID-19 (poster) (PDF)
- COVID-19 Information for Food Premises (guidelines regarding March 17, 2020 Premier announcement re: Ontario in State of Emergency)
- Guidance for Food Premises Best Practices Summary Sheet (PDF)
- Best Practices for Food Delivery (PDF)
- NEW Fact Sheet with Key Messages for Grocery Stores (Apr 1 2020) (PDF)
Other Fact Sheets
- NEW Fact Sheet: Guidance document for taxi and rideshare operators (Apr 1 2020) (PDF).
- NEW Fact Sheet: Guidance for janitorial services (Apr 2 2020) (PDF)
- NEW Tips for staying healthy while working from home (Mar 31 2020) (PDF).
- Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce COVID-19
- Construction Site Health and Safety during COVID-19
- NEW COVID-19 Guidance for Industry Operators (Minsitry of Health)
- NEW COVID-19 Guidance for Community Pharmacies (Ministry of Health)
For more information on COVID-19 visit the COVID-19 topics of interest webpage.