Looking for Support with your Mental Health?
Never be afraid to reach out for help. Remember, seeking help is a sign of strength. You don’t have to face your struggles alone. There is support nearby.
If you are facing an emergency, call 911, go to your local hospital Emergency Room or call the Crisis Response Helpline at (807) 346-8282.
Places to get support:
- Crisis Response Helpline in Thunder Bay and District: 807-346-8282
- Thunder Bay Counselling Centre and Walk-in Clinic: 807-684-1880
- North of Superior Counselling Programs: 877-895-6677
- Ontario Mental Health Helpline: 1-866-531-2600
- Working through it online program by Workplace Strategies for Mental Health
There are many other places that offer help too. For a full list of helpful resources, download our resource Promoting Mental Health at Work Inventory of Resources and check out the Personal Care section on page 3.
Looking to Create a Mentally Healthy Workplace?
There can be many influences on a person’s mental health. Because work is a large part of daily life, employers have a great opportunity to promote and protect the mental health of workers. Workplaces that take a positive approach to employee mental health benefit in many ways, including improved staff morale, productivity and profits!
Visit superiormentalwellnessatwork.com for details on training and special presentations being offered in and around Thunder Bay and the District.
Check out these resources to learn more about promoting mental health at work:
- Assembling the Pieces – an implementation guide to the National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace (Canadian Standards Association)
- Guarding Minds at Work (Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety)
- Mindful Employer Canada
- Mental Health Works (Canadian Mental Health Association)
For Further Information
Call the Healthy Living Team: (807) 625-5900
or toll-free 1-888-294-6630