The Thunder Bay Prenatal Coalition strives to cultivate a culture and environment that is respectful of pregnant women and expectant families through advocacy, promotion and collaboration of services to improve outcomes for families, and information sharing in our community.
We recognize that the prenatal period has a direct impact on a child’s life and thus we believe that all pregnant women and expectant families should have access to services and information.
- To facilitate inter agency cooperation and collaboration.
- To identify and help pregnant women and expectant families become aware of available services and resources and how to access them.
- To facilitate the dissemination of information pertinent to pregnant women and expectant families.
- To explore issues and address current issues that impact pregnant women and expectant families.
- To advocate for the inclusion of pregnant women and expectant families in all early years programs and services.
- To address current issues using Evidence-Based Practice.
The coalition includes non-profit organizations from the City of Thunder Bay. They include:
- Anishnawbe Mushkiki Community Health Centre
- Beendigen Inc.
- Children's Aid Society of the District Of Thunder Bay
- Community Midwives of Thunder Bay
- Communities Together for Children
- Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
- Faye Peterson Transition House
- Métis Nation of Ontario
- Norwest Community Health Centre (Ogden site)
- Ontario Native Women’s Association
- District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board
- Our Kids Count
- Thrive Environment (Urban Abbey)
- Thunder Bay Counselling Centre
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre- Maternity Centre
- Maternity Care Midwives
For Further Information
Please contact the Thunder Bay Prenatal Coalition by calling (807) 625-5900 and asking for someone in Family Health.