TBDHU recommends adults receive vaccine protection against pertussis (whooping cough) so they do not spread the infection to infants who will not be protected until they receive their infant vaccine series.
The FREE Tdap vaccine (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) is recommended for every pregnant person, regardless of whether they have had one before. Adults who are 19 years and older and are caring for young infants should also get the FREE vaccine if they have never received a Tdap dose as an adult and are eligible for a 10 year booster.
TBDHU is temporarily offering access to this vaccine through the Vaccine Clinic at the CLE. Visit our Immunization Clinics webpage for more information.
InJoy is a web-based prenatal health education program that includes audio, videos, animations and games to help you learn about healthy pregnancy, labour and birth, breastfeeding, postpartum health and taking care of your newborn.
The program is free for residents of Thunder Bay and District.
To learn about the InJoy program and the eClasses see this video:
To REGISTER for InJoy eClasses
- Visit injoyonline.com
- Click on “Create Account”
- Fill out the fields:
- First and Last Name
- Password (enter twice)
- Enter the Access Redemption Code: tbdhubaby
- Click Validate beside code (then green banner saying it validated)
- Click “Agree to terms box”
- Click “Complete”
Your account will be active for 12 months from the time it is created. You can bookmark the site injoyonline.com for future visits!
FYI - Helpful information for accessing the InJoy eClasses
- Each eClass takes about two to four hours to complete with the option to do each section at your own pace, view material more than once, and invite a partner or support person to view some or all of the material with you or to take it themselves.
- You will require a high speed internet connection on a Windows or Mac OS 10.5 or higher desktop, tablet or smartphone.
- We recommend using the Google Chrome web browser for best results, however Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari are all supported. Please ensure you are using the most current version. For troubleshooting please visit the InJoy support page.
- Currently our online prenatal program is only available in English. However, there are healthy pregnancy resources available in many languages online at Best Start Resource Centre.
Virtual Tour of the Labour and Delivery Unit
Join the TBRHSC team in the video below as they bring you along on a virtual tour of the Labour and Delivery Department to help you prepare for the birth of your baby.
For Further Information
Call a Public Health Nurse: (807) 625-5900
or toll free 1-888-294-6630