Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON)
Welcome to ICON (Immunization Connect Ontario), a secure online system for quickly and conveniently:
- reporting immunization information to the Thunder Bay District Health Unit.
- accessing vaccine record information when needed.
TBDHU highly recommends ICON for the following purposes:
- It is an online alternative to paper immunization records.
- It allows Ontarians to securely keep track of their families' immunization records.
- It allows families to report their child's immunization records to their local public health unit, as required by the Immunization of School Pupils Act, 1990 (ISPA) and the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEYA).
- Public health units can review immunization records to ensure school children are up to date with their immunizations.
- Reporting immunizations helps to keep everyone protected from serious diseases that can be easily spread in schools and throughout our communities.
Immunization records may also be needed for:
- Medical treatment
- Children's programs
- Post-secondary education programs
- Volunteer or employment opportunities
- Travel to some countries
To create an ICON account, you will need an Ontario Immunization ID (OIID) and an Ontario Health Card with the Stock Control number (on the back of the health card).
The Ontario Immunization ID may be found on a letter sent by, or on an immunization record printed by the Thunder Bay District Health Unit.
If you do not have this code or have any issues or questions, please contact TBDHU at 1-807-625-5900 or 1-888-294-6630 or email email@example.com.
Access the online portal using the button below:
Report or Obtain Immunization Records Here
To ensure accurate information is gathered, we encourage you to take a photo of the immunization record and include it when you are reporting through ICON.
For Further Information
Call the Vaccine Preventable Disease Program at (807) 625-5900
or toll-free 1-888-294-6630