May 11, 2021 - The Thunder Bay District Health Unit (TBDHU) continues rolling-out the COVID-19 vaccination program in the TBDHU area and is actively planning for the increasing numbers of people who are and will be eligible for the vaccine in May and June.
“With our partners, TBDHU continues to see encouraging results in the delivery of vaccines in Thunder Bay and District and we are working together with the goal of reaching all individuals who want to be vaccinated against COVID-19”, said Dr. Janet DeMille, Medical Officer of Health. “I encourage all residents who are eligible to get vaccinated as soon as possible.”
Currently, individuals who are eligible include:
- All people 50+ years old
- Group 1 Essential Workers who cannot work from home (eligible as of last Thursday)
- Group 2 Essential Workers who cannot work from home (eligible effective today)
- Individuals with at-risk health conditions (eligible effective today)
Eligibility continues for anyone in the previous groups who has not yet received their vaccine. This includes priority groups in Phase 1 and the first part of Phase 2 of Ontario’s vaccination plan. Additional information on priority groups can be found at TBDHU.com/WhoIsEligible.
In the upcoming days and weeks, eligibility will expand to:
- Individuals 40+ years old on Thursday, May 13th
- Individuals 30+ years old in the week of May 17th
- Individuals 18+ years old in the week of May 24th
TBDHU has appointments set up in the provincial booking system for the immunization clinic at the CLE Coliseum in Thunder Bay. Eligible individuals can book appointments online or by calling 1-833-943-3900. More appointment spots are being added. Individuals are encouraged to keep checking back and to follow TBDHU social media channels for information on eligibility and available appointments.
In the District communities, please call your local Family Health Teams to book an appointment.
As of May 8, 2021:
- 75,673 COVID-19 immunizations have been given in the TBDHU.
- 66,987 people have received at least 1 dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in the TBDHU.
- 41.2% of the whole TBDHU population has received at least 1 dose.
- 48.8% of those who are eligible (16 years and older) have received at least one dose.
Weekly updates on the COVID-19 Vaccination progress are provided every Tuesday on the TBDHU website.
TBDHU encourages everyone, whether you have been vaccinated or not, to continue following all public health measures to protect the health of individuals and our health system. If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, even mild ones, isolate immediately and arrange to get tested at your local assessment centre.
Visit TBDHU.com for more information.
For more information - Health Unit Media: firstname.lastname@example.org.