IMPORTANT: Please read the following text CAREFULLY before considering calling Thunder Bay District Health UNIT (TBDHU) or seeking healthcare.
Visit THIS self-assessment TOOL to assess your risk of COVID-19 and follow the recommendations for what to do next.
All travellers returning to Canada, including from the US, MUST self-isolate for a period of 14 days, regardless if they have symptoms or not, with the exception of certain persons. This is effective as of midnight March 25, 2020 under the Quarantine Act.
All travellers who have travelled anywhere outside of Ontario or NORTHWESTERN ONTARIO as of March 27, 2020, are strongly recommended to self-isolate upon their return.
Current Status in the Area Served by the TBDHU
These data are preliminary and subject to change, pending further review.
Confirmed positive cases will be reported as soon as publicly available.
|As of 4:30 p.m., April 1, 2020|
|Currently under investigation||128|
(Confirmed positive cases will be reported as soon as publicly available (24/7/365)) Last confirmation Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 2:15pm)
|Total Number of Tests to Date||436|
Total Confirmed Cases (includes cases that are resolved), by area:
|Thunder Bay CMA (surrounding communities)||8|
The latest reported case count from the Ministry of Health: Status of Cases in Ontario.
News Releases and Public Service Announcements Pertaining to Reported Cases of COVID-19
- April 2, 2020 - Now Nine Cases of COVID-19 in the Thunder Bay District Health Unit Region
- March 31, 2020 - Fourth Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Thunder Bay District
- March 29, 2020 - Thunder Bay District Health Unit Confirms Third Case of COVID-19
- March 28, 2020 - Thunder Bay District Health Unit Confirms Second Case of COVID-19
- March 27, 2020 - First Case of COVID-19 in Thunder Bay District
Topics of Interest
Health Care Provider? Visit COVID-19 for Health Care Providers
- Call Volume
- Food and Nutrition during COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Indigenous People
- Infection Prevention and Control Measures
- Mental Health
- Physical Distancing
- Returning from Travel
- Testing Information
- Stages of Life
Who can I call with questions?
- Telehealth toll-free at 1 (866) 797-0000 OR;
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit at (807) 625-5900 or toll-free at 1-888-294-6630
- TBDHU District Offices:
- Nipigon/Red Rock (807) 886-1060
- Schreiber/Terrace Bay (807) 825-7770
- Marathon/Manitouwadge (807) 229-1820
- Greenstone (807) 854-0454
Please note: We have nurses available Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to answer calls related to COVID-19. Please call (807) 625-5900 or toll-free 1-888-294-6630.
For Further Information: