- Avoid caffeinated beverages before bed
- Avoid screens (T.V., iPads, tablets, lap-tops, computers, phones etc.) at least an hour before bed
- Participate in activity and exercise during the day to improve your sleep quality
- Reduce noises when going to bed to improve sleep quality
- Maintain consistent and regular sleep times (even on weekends) to improve sleep outcomes
- Adults 18-64 years of age should get 7-9 hours of sleep per day
- In Ontario, almost 50% of adults aged 18-64 are sleeping less than 7 hours per day (i.e. less than the recommended amount)
- People who get enough sleep are often more productive and efficient during the day.
- Poor sleep may increase the risk of chronic illness: diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease.
For Further Information
Call the Physical Activity Program: (807) 625-5900
or toll-free 1-888-294-6630