Healthy Living During COVID-19
During these challenging times, it is important to take care of your health to avoid getting sick. Luckily, there are many ways to keep your immune system strong! Here are our top five suggestions:
- Engage in regular physical activity. This not only lowers the risk of chronic diseases, it also lowers the risk of respiratory illnesses.
- Strengthen your immune system by eating a variety of nutritious foods. Follow the recommendations in Canada’s Food Guide, consume more vegetables and fruits and limit highly processed foods.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoiding sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Establish a regular sleep routine. Sufficient, good-quality sleep is key to keeping your immune system strong, and has proven mental health benefits.
- Finally, stay healthy by getting your flu shot!
Click on the topics below for tips and resources to help you stay healthy!