Are You In?
You're invited to join the Healthy Living Movement! In Thunder Bay and District, more and more people are having fun being active and finding delicious ways to eat healthier. Small changes go a long way for better health. Do what works for you! Are you in?
Healthy Living During Respiratory Virus Season
During respiratory virus season, (and at all times) it is important to take care of your health to avoid getting sick. Luckily, there are many ways to keep your immune system strong! Here are our top five suggestions:
- Engage in regular physical activity. This not only lowers the risk of chronic diseases, it also lowers the risk of respiratory illnesses.
- Strengthen your immune system by eating a variety of nutritious foods. Follow the recommendations in Canada’s Food Guide and consume more vegetables and fruits.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Establish a regular sleep routine. Sufficient, good-quality sleep is key to keeping your immune system strong, and has proven mental health benefits.
- Finally, stay healthy by staying up-to-date with the seasonal flu shot and all doses of COVID-19 vaccines. To learn more about the flu and COVID-19 vaccines, including what vaccines are available, when you should get them and where and how to get vaccinated, visit TBDHU's Immunization page.
There are additional important ways to reduce the risk of illness. Visit TBDHU's Layers of Protection page to learn more.
Click on the topics below for tips and resources to help you stay healthy!