Update: January 8, 2021
- TBDHU has distributed the flu vaccine for those ages 6 months and older to health care providers.
- A shipment of the high dose vaccine for those aged 65 and older is expected to arrive next week and will be distributed to health care providers.
- Most pharmacies continue to receive flu vaccine supply.
- Those who have a health care provider should contact them to make an appointment.
- Those who are 5 years of age and older can make an appointment at a pharmacy.
- For those under 5 years, please call TBDHU at (807) 625-5900 to make an appointment for a flu shot.
For Further Information
For more information on the flu shot, including information for Health Care Providers, visit the following pages:
You can also call TBDHU at (807) 625-5900 or Toll-Free at 1-888-294-6630 with questions OR contact your local TBDHU branch office.
Influenza, more commonly known as "the flu," is a respiratory illness caused by the influenza virus.
Symptoms of the flu include fever, chills, cough, runny eyes, stuffy nose, sore throat, headache, muscle aches, extreme weakness and tiredness, or loss of appetite. Most people who get the flu will recover in 7 to 10 days.
Immunization helps strengthen your body's natural immune response against the flu. The flu shot stimulates your immune system to build antibodies against the virus, making it stronger and ready to fight off the flu.